Thursday, January 13, 2011

Day 13

     Through Job and into the Psalms!
     I mentioned near the beginning of the journey that I had chosen I theme for my reading. That theme is "ease." As in, being "at ease," and doing things "with ease." The idea was just something that stood out to me as a was preparing to begin the journey. I looked up the word, and this is what I found:
    
1. the state of being comfortable: as  
a : freedom from pain or discomfort  
b : freedom from care  
c : freedom from labor or difficulty  
d : freedom from embarrassment or constraint : naturalness <known for his charm and ease of manner> 
e : an easy fit 
2. relief from discomfort or obligation 
3. facility, effortlessness <did it with ease>
   
4. an act of easing or a state of being eased
ease·ful \-fəl\ adjective
ease·ful·ly \-fə-lē\ adverb
at ease
     1: free from pain or discomfort
     2a : free from restraint or formality <feels most at ease with old friends>        b : standing silently (as in a military formation) with the feet apart, the right foot in place, and one or both hands behind the body —often used as a command 
     
      Pretty neat, huh? Well, thus far (Genesis through Job, basically) I've been at a loss to find things that relate directly to this. No one seems to be, uh, at ease (to say the least!) But, I think today, God began highlighting some really outstanding ideas that I didn't see before. Stay tuned next month when I start elaborating on each days reading...

No comments:

Post a Comment