Saturday, January 1, 2011

"Official" Day 1!

     So, today is "officially" my first day of bible reading, although, in reality, I have already completed 6 days worth of reading! This puts me near the end of the book of Joshua. I think that I managed to get this far ahead because I thrive on the feeling of being ahead. I hate being behind!
     The Bible I'm reading is 868 pages. Since I'm reading through it in January, I divided that number by 31 (instead of thirty), and therefore am supposed to read 28 pages per day to finish in the month of January. So far, I've read that amount each day except once, when it took me two days to finish it.
     I think the feeling of being ahead has been my biggest motivator so far. Also, I try and read my Bible reading before I read anything else that day, or spend too much time on the Internet. Most days I've read in big chunks of an hour or two at a time. Today, I read slowly throughout the entire day.
     I admit, the reading is getting tedious!!  I keep thinking that the next book will get easier, and though it is encouraging to finish an entire book in a day and move on to the next, each book so far has been HARD to get through. So... much... repetition!! (which, I hope, makes things easier in the future because I'll be more familiar with things). But honestly there have been times I've been completely lost in lists of sacrifices, lists of laws, lists of cities. I'm having a hard time finding a frame of reference to make meaning out of the redundancy. I know there is meaning, even for me today, but the majority if it, so far, I have not figured out.
     Not too discouraged. Going to continue on :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment