Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Day 30 Reviewed

**A quick disclaimer about this blog...
     If you happen to stumble across this blog at this point in time, there are a few things I want you to know. Right now, I'm reviewing my 30 days of reading. Most posts are jumbled to say the least. They are mostly quick thoughts, unedited, of what stood out to me in each day's passage. Also, keep in mind, my thoughts usually have something to do with being "at ease," or being "at peace," because that's the theme I looked for specifically as I read this time! **

Galatians 1- Hebrews 10
  • Foolish (Galatians)
     "Are you so foolish? Having begun by the Spirit, are you now being perfected by the flesh?" (Galatians 3:3). Is He speaking directly to me? I think so :) Ha ha. Because sometimes, I got nervous that I did not know all the answers...all the truth.
     Be calm, child. Be at ease.
     "And because you are sons, God has sent forth the Spirit of His Son into our heart, crying, 'Abba! Father!'" (4:6). Yes! and "like Isaac, (we) are children of promise," (4:28). Wow. Like Isaac.
     Be calm, be at ease...
     "Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, this he will also reap," (6:7).
  • Ephesians
     This verse struck me ever since I first heard it. The reason is that when I first heard it, I thought it was being read out of some flowered-up version of the Bible because of all the extra adjectives. Well, it's not. This is just how it reads!! Awesome!!
     "Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly beyond all that we ask or think, according to the power that works within us," (Ephesians 3:20).
  • Philippians
     Be calm, be at ease...
     "For to me, to live is Christ, and to die is gain," (Philippians 1:21).
     Be "in NO WAY ALARMED by your opponents - which is a sign of destruction for them but of salvation for you," (1:28).

     "Not that I speak from want; for I have learned to be content in whatever circumstances I am. I know how to get along with humble means, and I also know how to live in prosperity; in any and every circumstance I have learned the secret of being filled and going hungry, both of having abundance and suffering need. I CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH HIM WHO STRENGTHENS ME," (4:11-13 emph mine). And, "My God will supply all your needs according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus," (4:19).
  • Colossians
     Paul struggled so that, "their hearts may be encouraged, having been knit together in love, and attaining to all the wealth that comes from the full assurance of understanding, resulting in a true knowledge of God's mystery, that is, Christ Himself, in whom are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge," (Colossians 2:2). Not fear, encouragement.
     "Therefore, let no one act as your judge in regard to food or drink or in respect to a festival or a new moon or a Sabbath day -- things which are a mere shadow of what is to come; but the substance belongs to Christ," (2:16-17). And for good measure, "Let NO ONE keep defrauding you of your PRIZE by delighting in SELF-ABASEMENT and the worship of the angels, taking his stand on VISIONS he has seen, inflated without cause by his fleshly mind," (2:18). hmmmmmmm...
  • 1 Thessalonians
     "Therefore comfort one another with these words," (1 Thessalonians 4:18). These words are referring to ALWAYS BEING WITH THE LORD. Read chapters 4 and 5 please.
  • 1 Timothy
      I have to stick this in, speaking of things, er, being at ease :) "No longer drink water exclusively , but use a little wine for the sake of your stomach and your frequent ailments," (1 Timothy 5:23). Had to :)
  • Titus
     "To the pure, all things are pure; but to those who are defiled and unbelieving, nothing is pure, but both their mind and their conscience are defiled," (Titus 1:15).
  • Hebrews
     He's for us. "For assuredly He does not give help to angels, but He gives help to the descendant of Abraham...For since He Himself was tempted in that which He has suffered, he is able to come to the aid of those who are tempted," (2:16,18). Tempted to fear, Lord. And you were too. And you did not.

     "Let us therefore draw near with CONFIDENCE to the throne of grace, that we may receive mercy and may find grace to help in time of need," (Hebrews 4:16 emph mine).

     A NEW COVENANT!!!!!!!!!!
     "who does not need daily, like those high priests, to offer up sacrifices, first for His own sins, and then for the sins of the people, because this He did ONCE FOR ALL when He offered up Himself. For the Law appoints men as high priests who are weak, but the word of the oath, which came after the Law, appoints a Son, made perfect forever," (7:27-28).
     Interesting truth. I don't think I would have had the guts to call something God did imperfect, the Word says, "For if that first covenant had been faultless, there would have been no occasion sought for a second," (8:7) and quotes the prophet Isaiah.
    Because gifts and sacrifices cannot make the worshipper perfect :) (9:8).



    
    

No comments:

Post a Comment