Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Day 15 Reviewed

Psalm 37 - Psalm 93

More good psalms!

     PS 37 - (Love the verbs in this one, notice:) trust, do good, dwell in the land, cultivate faithfulness. Delight in the Lord, and He will give the desires of your heart. Rest, Wait patiently, Cease from anger, forsake wrath, Do not fret (37:1-11).
     And this one speaks to me about being at ease, "Better is the little of the righteous than the abundance of many wicked...the Lord sustains the righteous," (37:16-17).

     PS 38 - Neat imagery about giving NO place to dis-ease or worry, "they devise treachery all day long. But I, like a deaf man, do not hear; and I am like a dumb man who does not open his mouth. Yes, I am like a man who does not hear, and in whose mouth are no arguments. For I hope in Thee, O Lord," (38:12-15). Sounds like even a little foreshadowing of the cross!

     PS 40 - HE brought me out of the pit, HE set my feet upon a rock, HE put a new song in my mouth...and people will see and and trust because of this (40:1-3).

     PS 44 - no trust in human strength or means, God saves, period (44:6).

     PS 45 - I have started noticing the word righteous all over the pages of the psalms! I love the word righteous! Righteousness - such a misunderstood word too. It has nothing to do with how good a person is, or how good a person looks, acts, talks ect. It has everything to do with ones standing with God. Those who have been set at ease, made right, are righteous!!
     "Thous hast loved righteousness, and hated wickedness (which has more to do then, with being separated from God, having gone ones one way) Therefore God, Thy God, has anointed Thee With the oil of joy about Thy fellows. All Thy garments are fragrant with myrrh and aloes and cassia; Out of ivory palaces stringed instruments have made Thee glad. Kings' daughters are among Thy noble ladies; At Thy right hand stands the queen in gold from Ophir," (45:6-9). Wasn't planning on writing it all out, especially the end, is so flowery. But awesome! (Wow have a come a long way in my thinking of what is awesome, ha!) The oil of joy - oil makes things flow, easy, like the anointing, like...J e s . . . Oh, I know we'll get there, but I can hardly wait!
     Please read verses 13-17 too. More flowery goodness :)

     PS 46 - no fear despite changing earth and mountains moving. ok. (46:1-3). Cease striving and know that I'm God, (46:10).

     PS 49 - Let's revisit what Job know at the beginning!! "No man can by any means redeem his brother, Or give to God a ransom for him -- for the redemption of his soul is costly," (49:7-9). Who can pay such a price!!!!???

     PS 51 - Another note, is that I feel like David somehow understood sin, and justification a little bit. Maybe I already mentioned that, but I'll say it again. "Against Thee, Thee only, have I sinned, and done what is evil in They sight," (51:4). "Restore me to the joy of Thy salvation," (51:12). And this incredible insight: "For Thou dost not delight in sacrifice, otherwise I would give it; Thou art not pleased with burnt offering. The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit; a broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise," (51:16-17) He must have known God to know that God desire more than just sacrifices of offerings, but his heart!!!

     PS 54 - So he says easily, "Willingly I will sacrifice to Thee," (54:6).

     PS 61 - David expounds on this. He believed that praise (the offering of his heart) was his best sacrifice, "Let me dwell in Thy tent forever; Let me take refuge in the shelter of They wings...So I will sing praise to Thy name forever, That I may pay my vows day by day," (61:4,8). How cool is that?? Pay his vows by singing!!

     PS 65 - David understood how/why to be NEAR (ascloseaspossible) to God! "How blessed is the one whom Thou dost choose, and bring near to Thee, To dwell in thy courts. We will be satisfied with the goodness of Thy house," (65:4).

     PS 73 - Again, don't be deceived by what appears to be the "easy way," "As I saw the prosperity of the wicked...no pains in their death...body is fat...not plagued like mankind...set their mouth against the heavens...how they are destroyed in a moment," (73:3-20).
    
    
    

No comments:

Post a Comment