Saturday, February 19, 2011

Day 19 Reviewed

Isaiah 43 - Jeremiah 10

     **A quick disclaimer about this blog...
     If you happen to stumble across this blog at this point in time, there are a few things I want you to know. Right now, I'm reviewing my 30 days of reading. Most posts are jumbled to say the least. They are mostly quick thoughts, unedited, of what stood out to me in each day's passage. Also, keep in mind, my thoughts usually have something to do with being "at ease," or being "at peace," because that's the theme I looked for specifically as I read this time! **

  • Forgiveness
     We're getting closer and closer to the New Testament, New Covenant...to j e s . . .  :) but for now, prophecy and foreshadowing, rich and thick.
     Isaiah 43:26 - "I, even I am the one who wipes out your transgressions for My own sake; And I will not remember your sins." And then, "Put me in remembrance; let us argue our case together, state your cause, that you may be proved right." God goes on to say that their first forefather sinned, but He loves them unconditionally, He still wants them to come close. Close enough for repentance and willingness to work through this deal together. And then, total forgiveness, total restoration.

  • Foreshadowing of our Peace - Isaiah 53
     I want to type out the whole entire thing, but I'm not going to. What I need to do is to memorize it, soon. It is that good. A perfect picture of things to come - well, now, things that have already come, to the glory of God!
"He has no stately form or majesty that we should look upon Him, nor appearance that we should be attracted to Him. He was despised and forsaken of men, a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief; And like one from whom men hide their face, He was despised, and we did not esteem Him. 
Surely our griefs HE HIMSELF BORE, And our sorrows HE CARRIED; Yet we ourselves esteemed Him stricken, Smitten of God, and afflicted. But He was PIERCED THROUGH FOR OUR TRANSGRESSIONS, He was CRUSHED FOR OUR INIQUITIES; the chastening for OUR WELL-BEING was upon Him, And by His scourging WE ARE HEALED...He Himself bore the sin of MANY..." (Isaiah 53:2-5, 12 emph. mine...but basically, read the whole thing!!!)
     Isaiah 55:1,2 -  "Every one who thirsts, come to the waters; and you who have no money come, buy and eat...Listen carefully to Me, and eat what is good, and delight yourself in abundance." YES!!

     Isaiah 55:10:11 - "For as the rain and the snow come down from heaven, and do not return there without watering the earth, and make it bear and sprout, and furnishing seed to the sower and bread to the eater; So shall my word be which goes forth from My mouth; It shall not return to Me empty, without accomplishing what I desire, and without succeeding in the matter for which I sent it."

     Something God mentions a number of times throughout the Word so far is that God will satisfy all our needs as we satisfy others.
     Isaiah 58:10-11 - "And if you give yourself to the hungry, and satisfy the desire of the afflicted, then your light will rise in darkness, and your gloom will become like midday. And the Lord will continually guide you, and satisfy your desire in scorched places., and give strength to your bones; and you will be like a watered garden, and like a spring of water whose waters do not fail..."

     I have questions about Isaiah 65:17...Is this for now, or for future? Mental note for me to return to :)

No comments:

Post a Comment