Monday, February 28, 2011

Day 27 Reviewed

**A quick disclaimer about this blog...
     If you happen to stumble across this blog at this point in time, there are a few things I want you to know. Right now, I'm reviewing my 30 days of reading. Most posts are jumbled to say the least. They are mostly quick thoughts, unedited, of what stood out to me in each day's passage. Also, keep in mind, my thoughts usually have something to do with being "at ease," or being "at peace," because that's the theme I looked for specifically as I read this time! **


Luke 18 - John 20

  • Zaccheus 
     To obey what the Lord has called each of us to do in our own lives. That is key. And Zaccheus stopped and said to the Lord, "Behold, Lord, half of my possessions I will give to the poor, and if I have defrauded anyone of anything, I will give back four times as much," (Luke 19:8). And Jesus said to him, "Today, salvation has come to this house, because he, too, is a son of Abraham," (19:9). Zaccheus did not have a repentant heart because Jesus told him to repent. He had a repentant heart because Jesus asked him to come near, to dine in his home.
  • John
     The first thing I marked in John wasn't until the 9th chapter! Anyway, my notation in the margin was, "God gets the glory!" Let's see why...
As (Jesus) passed by, He saw a man blind from birth. And His disciples asked Him, saying, 'Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he should be born blind?' Jesus answered, 'It was neither that this man sinned, nor his parents; but it was in order that the works of God might be displayed in him," (John 9:1-3).
      How powerful! So that the works of God might be displayed in him! So that we could see that regardless of the cause, the Lord's will is for healing, to the glory of His Name!
     At the end of the chapter, He says something marvelous..."FOR JUDGMENT I CAME INTO THIS WORLD, THAT THOSE WHO DO NOT SEE MAY SEE; AND THOSE WHO SEE MAY BECOME BLIND," (9:39).
     I love paradoxical reality!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment