Monday, February 28, 2011

Day 26 Reviewed

**A quick disclaimer about this blog...
     If you happen to stumble across this blog at this point in time, there are a few things I want you to know. Right now, I'm reviewing my 30 days of reading. Most posts are jumbled to say the least. They are mostly quick thoughts, unedited, of what stood out to me in each day's passage. Also, keep in mind, my thoughts usually have something to do with being "at ease," or being "at peace," because that's the theme I looked for specifically as I read this time! **


Mark 10 - Luke 17


     In Mark, when Jesus is questioned by the high priest, He is asked flat out if He is the Christ, the "Son of the Blessed One?" (Mark 14:61). He answers simply, "I am; and you shall see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of power, and coming with the clouds of heaven," (14:62). How many live today as if this claim is as crazy as some tried to treat it then?


  • Luke
     Mary, Mary! "For nothing will be impossible with God," (Luke 1:37). Amen!! And the words I long to embody as a woman of the Covenant: "Behold, the bondslave of the Lord; be it done to me according to YOUR WORD," (1:38 emph mine)

    
     Lineage. There's something to be said about the Divine Hand in creating generation after generation with no mistake, hiccup, or interruption on down through Christ's lineage. I think about how sons and daughters come about today. Some "wanted," some desperately prayed for, some out of less than optimal circumstances. I can't help but imagine it was like that all the way down the line, but somehow (actually it's no mystery how - but still blows me away!!) everything lined up. My not in the Bible over chapter 3 was: "God did this."

    

     Simon, James, and John were just trying to run a business and make ends meet. The Lord shows up and prospers them in an instant. Still, He tells them of even greater things he wants to do in and through their lives. They don't hesitate. They follow! (Luke 5:11).


     Something I'm interested in is the law. the Torah. Yes, I know we are not under the law, but the "New Covenant," but the Messiah did not wipe away the law, He taught from it and fulfilled it, but what are the implications for us as He still calls us to follow His commands? Matthew chapter 6 gives a good overview of this. "But love your enemies, and do good, and lend, expecting nothing in return; and your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High; for He Himself is kind to ungrateful and evil men," (6:35 emph mine).

     Martha, Martha :) "you are worried and bothered about so many things; but only a few things are necessary, really only one," (10:42). Only One. One. Only. Lord open my eyes to the One. 

     "Watch out that the light in you may not be darkness," (11:35). Because the lamp of the body is the eye. The eye. Oh what am I putting in front of my eye? I know well what I've been putting their lately. "When your eye is clear, your whole body is full of light (11:34). I can't say that I've been, ahem, full of light, lately. Something to consider :)

      DO NOT BE AFRAID. "Do not be afraid, little flock, for your Father has chosen gladly to give you the kingdom," (12:32).

     And, (do not be afraid) on that day..."let not one who is on the housetop and whose goods are in the house go down to take them away; and likewise let not the one who is in the field turn back. Remember Lot's wife. Whoever seeks to keep his life shall lose it, and whoever loses his life shall preserve it," (17:31). So many thoughts, such simple words My Messiah. Let them sink deep and ponder.

No comments:

Post a Comment