Monday, February 21, 2011

Day 21 Reviewed

  **A quick disclaimer about this blog...
     If you happen to stumble across this blog at this point in time, there are a few things I want you to know. Right now, I'm reviewing my 30 days of reading. Most posts are jumbled to say the least. They are mostly quick thoughts, unedited, of what stood out to me in each day's passage. Also, keep in mind, my thoughts usually have something to do with being "at ease," or being "at peace," because that's the theme I looked for specifically as I read this time! **

Jeremiah 45 - Ezekiel 20

  • Moab
     "Moab has been at ease since his youth; He has also been undisturbed on his lees, Neither has he been emptied from vessel to vessel, nor has he gone into exile. Therefore he retains his flavor, and his aroma has not changed," (Jeremiah 45:11)...sounds good so far?
     "'Therefore behold, the days are coming,' declares the Lord, 'when I shall send to him those who tip vessels, and they will tip him over, and they will empty his vessels and shatter his jars. And Moab will be ashamed of Chemosh, as the house of Israel was ashamed of Bethel, their confidence,'" (45:12-13) hmmm...?

     Let's talk about complete peace and ease. Total resoration:
     "'In those days and at that time,' declares the Lord, 'search will be made for the iniquity of Israel, but there will be none; and for the sins of Judah, but they will not be found; for I shall pardon those whom I leave as a remnant,'" (Jeremiah 50:20).  NONE shall be FOUND.

     Did find anything in the Lamentations

  • Ezekiel
     "And I shall give them one heart, and shall put a new spirit within them. And I shall take the heart of stone out of their flesh and give them a heart of flesh," (Ezekiel 11:19). And of course...He will be their God, and they will be His people! Love this verse! I've experienced this verse! Praise God, He has removed my heart of stone and given me a heart of flesh!!

     An interesting, brief, summation of the history of His people Israel...Sad, and poignant too...
"As for your birth, on the day you were born your navel cord was not cut, nor were you washed with water for cleansing, you were not rubbed with salt or even wrapped in cloths...No eye looked with pity on you...When I passed by you and saw you squirming in your blood, I said to you while you were in your blood, 'Live!'...I made you numerous like plants of the field...I bathed you...I clothed you...I adorned you...Then your fame went forth among the nations...you trusted in your beauty and played the harlot...you sacrificed (sons and daughters) to idols...you slaughtered my children...now, I have stretched out my hand against you to diminish your rations and I delivered you up to the desire of those who hate you, the daughters of the Philistines," (Ezekiel 16).
      God said He must now gather, judge...and at the end of the WHOLE deal, says He will yet establish His covenant with them! This makes me want to cry!...And says things like, "On the high mountain of Israel I shall plant it, that it may bring forth boughs and bear fruit, and become a stately cedar. And birds of every kind will nest under it; they will nest in the shade of its branches," (17:23). Might I be one of those birds?

     A reassuring thought - "Do I have any pleasure in the death of the wicked," declares the Lord God, "rather than that he should turn from his ways and live?" (18:23). Yes, Lord! "For I have no pleasure in the death of anyone who dies," declares the Lord God. "Therefore, repent and live," (18:32).

No comments:

Post a Comment