Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Day 23 Reviewed

  **A quick disclaimer about this blog...
     If you happen to stumble across this blog at this point in time, there are a few things I want you to know. Right now, I'm reviewing my 30 days of reading. Most posts are jumbled to say the least. They are mostly quick thoughts, unedited, of what stood out to me in each day's passage. Also, keep in mind, my thoughts usually have something to do with being "at ease," or being "at peace," because that's the theme I looked for specifically as I read this time! **

Daniel 4 - Micah 2
  • Nebuchadnezzar
     I thought it was nice when the king acknowledges the King ;) "Now I Nebuchadnezzar praise, exalt and honor the King of heaven, for all His works are true and His ways just, and He is able to humble those who walk in pride," (Daniel 4:37).
  • Hosea
     A book of compassionate pleading. Like the man towards his wayward wife, I love this book!!
"Come, let us return to the Lord, For He has torn us, but He will heal us. He has wounded us, but He will bandage us. He will revive us after two days; He will raise us up on the third day that we may live before Him. So let us know, let us press on to know the Lord. His going forth is as certain as the dawn; and He will come to us like the rain, Like the spring rain watering the earth," (Hosea 6:1-3).
  • Joel
     The answer, as in Esther...God knows!!! :)
"'Yet even now,' declares the Lord, 'Return to Me with all your heart, and with fasting, weeping, and mourning; and rend your heart and not your garments.' Now return to the Lord your God, For He is gracious and compassionate, slow to anger, abounding in lovingkindness, and relenting of evil. Who knows whether He will not turn and relent, and leave a blessing behind Him..." (Joel 2:12-14).
  • Amos
     "Woe to those who are at ease in Zion, and to those who feel secure in the mountain of Samaria, the distinguished men of the foremost of nations...those who recline on beds of ivory...like David have composed songs for themselves," (Amos 6:1,4,5). I'm not sure I get it? Didn't David compose songs for God and not himself? Is Amos calling David lazy or wrong?
     "Nevertheless, I will not totally destroy the house of Jacob," declares the Lord, "For behold, I am commanding, and I will shake the house of Israel among all nations as grain is shaken in a sieve, but not a kernel will fall to the ground.
  • Jonah
     "Who knows, God may turn and relent, and withdraw His burning anger so that we shall not perish?" Jonah knew, he saw. But was not quite at ease, haha, even till the end when he was sitting by his pathetic little tree. Oh Jonah, I've known your turmoil. We were so silly!
     "Do you have a good reason to be angry?" God says!! Ha!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment