Sunday, February 20, 2011

Day 20 Reviewed

     **A quick disclaimer about this blog...
     If you happen to stumble across this blog at this point in time, there are a few things I want you to know. Right now, I'm reviewing my 30 days of reading. Most posts are jumbled to say the least. They are mostly quick thoughts, unedited, of what stood out to me in each day's passage. Also, keep in mind, my thoughts usually have something to do with being "at ease," or being "at peace," because that's the theme I looked for specifically as I read this time! **

Jeremiah 11 - Jeremiah 44

     Jeremiah confirms what other prophets have implored of the Israelites..."Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord and whose trust is in the Lord. For he will be like a tree planted by the water, that extends its roots by a stream and will not fear when the heat comes; but its leaves will be green, and it will not be anxious in a year of drought nor cease to yield fruit," (Jeremiah 17:7-8). Nor cease to yield fruit!!! Yeah!! I love those pictures of bounty :)
     And the famous, "I know the plans that I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope," (Jeremiah 29:11). BUT WHY?? "Then you will call upon Me and come and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. And you will seek Me and find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart. And I will be found by you, declares the Lord, and I will restore your fortunes and will gather you from all the nations and from all the places where I have driven you, declares the Lord, and I will bring you back to the place from where I sent you into exile," (29:12-14).
     He wants RELATIONSHIP. He WANTS THEM BACK.
     For real.
     Listen to this: "Is Ephraim My dear son? Is he a delightful child? Indeed, as often as I have spoken against him, I certainly still remember him; Therefore My heart yearns for him; I will surely have mercy on him, declares the Lord," (31:20 emph mine).
  • The Days Are Coming!!!
     But really, they have come!
     "'Behold, days are coming,' declares the Lord, 'when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah, not like the covenant which I made with their fathers in the day I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt, My covenant which they broke, although I was a husband to them,' declares the Lord. 'But this is the covenant which I will make with the house of Israel after those days,' declares the Lord, 'I will put My law within them, and on their heart I will write it; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people.'
     'And they shall not teach again, each man his neighbor and each man his brother saying, 'Know the Lord,' for they SHALL ALL KNOW ME, from the least of them to the greatest of them,' declares the Lord, 'for I will forgive their iniquity, and their sin I WILL REMEMBER NO MORE.' (Jeremiah 31:31-34).
     They'll have "one heart and one way, that they may fear Me always, for their own good, and for the good of their children after them," (32:39).
     And it will be "an everlasting covenant with them that I will not turn away from them, to do them good; and I will put the fear of Me in their hearts so that they will not turn away from Me,"(32:40).
     And He will "rejoice over them to do them good," (32:41).
     And He will "faithfully plant them in this land with all My heart and with all My soul," (32:41).

No comments:

Post a Comment