Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Day 22 Reviewed

  **A quick disclaimer about this blog...
     If you happen to stumble across this blog at this point in time, there are a few things I want you to know. Right now, I'm reviewing my 30 days of reading. Most posts are jumbled to say the least. They are mostly quick thoughts, unedited, of what stood out to me in each day's passage. Also, keep in mind, my thoughts usually have something to do with being "at ease," or being "at peace," because that's the theme I looked for specifically as I read this time! **

Ezekiel 21 - Daniel 3

     "O Tyre, you have said, 'I am perfect in beauty,'" (Ezekiel 27:3). A city (not unlike a man), can become complacent with his high and secure status. But inevitably, their demise, "Now that you are broken by the seas In the depths of the waters, you have become terrified, and you will be no more," (27:34, 36).
    
     Ezekiel too continues to speak those same, assuring words over Israel from the Lord, "When I gather the house of Israel from the peoples among whom they are scattered, and shall manifest My holiness in them in the sight of the nations, then they will live in their land which I gave to My servant Jacob. And they will live in it securely; and they will build houses, plant vineyards, and live securely, when I execute judgments upon all who scorn them round about them," (Ezekiel 28:25)...
     .....OH Father, Father, Father! All for your ONE GREAT PURPOSE..."Then they will know that I am the Lord their God," (28:26).
     "As for you, My sheep, the sheep of My pasture, you are men, and I am your God," declares the Lord, (34:31).
  • The Holy Name
     God's name is Holy. I don't know very much about His name yet, but I intend to learn more! What I know thus far, is, His name is a BIG deal. His name is Holy, His name is peace, His name is healing for the nations. His name is protection, His name is provision. So it makes sense when He must tell the people, Israel...
"But I had concern for My holy name, which the house of Israel had profaned among the nations where they went...It is not for YOUR SAKE, O House of Israel, that I am about to act, but for MY HOLY NAME, which you have profaned among the nations where you went. And I WILL VINDICATE THE HOLINESS OF MY GREAT NAME...(so)...I will SPRINKLE CLEAN WATER ON YOU, and you will be clean; I will CLEANSE YOU FROM ALL YOUR FILTHINESS...I will give you a NEW HEART and put a NEW SPIRIT within you; and I will remove the heart of stone from your flesh and give you a heart of flesh. And I will put My Spirit within you and cause you to walk in My statutes, and you will be careful to observe My ordinances," (Ezekiel 36:21-27, emp mine)...
     ...And I will BLESS you on and on and on and on...but not for your sake, but because GOD is GOOD. That is such a lame way of putting it. Ha! I wish I could express more! :) I can only feel it well up inside of me!
  • Daniel
     Just barely getting into him today. We'll start with this. Daniel - another neat guy acknowledging God's power. About dream interpretation he states, there is no man who can (though he himself can), "however, there is a God in heaven who reveals mysteries, and He has made known to King Nebuchadnezzar what will take place in the latter days," (Daniel 2:28).

No comments:

Post a Comment