Sunday, February 27, 2011

Day 25 Reviewed

**A quick disclaimer about this blog...
     If you happen to stumble across this blog at this point in time, there are a few things I want you to know. Right now, I'm reviewing my 30 days of reading. Most posts are jumbled to say the least. They are mostly quick thoughts, unedited, of what stood out to me in each day's passage. Also, keep in mind, my thoughts usually have something to do with being "at ease," or being "at peace," because that's the theme I looked for specifically as I read this time! **

Matthew 10 - Mark 9

  • Matthew

     Matthew chapter 10 stood out to me as "Discipleship Training." I should refer to this when attempting to be an effective disciple as well as trying to guide someone in the Way.

     The next thing that stood out here in the New Testament was to see truth with ease. To keep truth easily accessible so that it does not become hidden or convoluded. Not to stray far from the truth. Make sense? "Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you, and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart; and you shall find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy, and My load is light," (Matthew 11:28-30).

     Be at ease, God will judge, God will divide. "Allow both (tares and wheat) to grow together until the harvest; and in the time of the harvest I will say to the reapers, 'First gather up the tares and bind them in bundles to burn them up; but gather the wheat into my barn,'" (13:30).

     Like Solomon, seek understanding. Understanding brought this woman from the outside in. And in what way am I different than her? Not hardly! She was a Canaanite and He was the One sent to the lost sheep of Israel.  "Yes, Lord; but even the dogs feed on the crumbs which fall from their masters' table," (15:27). Jesus called her faith great and her daughter was healed.

     It's easy to follow the rules and look good on the outside. "Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you are like whitewashed tombs which on the outside appear beautiful, but inside they are full of dead men's bones and all uncleanness," (23:27).

     I had a sense that it was good to use our gifts the way of the expensive perfumes. "'For this perfume might have been sold for a high price and the money given to the poor.' But Jesus, aware of this, said to them, 'Why do you bother the woman? For she has done a good deed to Me,'" (26:9). This may be presumptuous on my part. Something to ponder.

     To the accusations, "He did not answer him with regard to even a single charge, so that the governor was quite amazed," (27:14). Be at ease. If it's God's work, He will accomplish His will. Even if I don't understand. They mocked Him...spat on Him...beat Him on the head...took His robe off...took Him away to crucify Him. Chapter 27.

  • Mark

     The Lord is showing me this one repeatedly lately: "Take care what you listen to. By your standard of measure it shall be measured to you; and more shall be given you besides," (Mark 4:24). The first part especially, and I'm not even close to having the full understanding.

     Even in fear and trembling, tell Him the whole truth, and be made well, be at peace, be healed of your affliction. "Who touched Me?" "But the woman fearing and trembling aware of what had happened to her, came and fell down before Him, and told Him the whole truth," (5:33).

     You (me!) use your resources! I will multiply! (like fish and loaves 6:37-44).

No comments:

Post a Comment